Importance of logistics at the time of disaster
Logistics plays a very important role in the event of a disaster.
If logistics stops in case of a disaster, it is impossible to deliver food, so there is no difference in giving a tremendous blow.
So, what was the logistics in past disasters?
Also, what was the problem at the time of the disaster of logistics?
East Japan great earthquake disaster and logistics
If you say the most serious and impressive disaster of past disasters, there are also many people who have this disaster in mind first.
In fact, logistics was a big success in the Great East Japan Earthquake. On the other hand, however, big problems have emerged.
Let's think about the East Japan great earthquake and logistics at once.
Activity status of logistics at the Great East Japan Earthquake
Activities of trucks in the Great East Japan Earthquake
Railway activity situation during the Great East Japan Earthquake
1.Operation of oil train to Tohoku region
|From Yokohama to Morioka|
|Transport volume: Up to about 1,400 kl per day (about 70 car loading tank trucks)|
|From Yokohama to Koriyama|
|Transportation volume: Up to about 1,200 kl per day (about 60 tank loading tanks of 20 kl)|
|Total oil train transportation results||(Sea of Japan Sea)|
|Total||56,741 kl (about 2,850 tank loaders with 20 kl loading capacity)|
2. Container transportation in toilet agencies in Tohoku Line
- The relief supplies are transported from the Kansai / Kyushu area towards freight stations such as Niigata and Akita by rail and transported by truck from the freight station to the affected area.
- Implementation of truck substitution transportation in noninterruption section.
Activities of vessels during the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Implementation of emergency transportation of disaster restoration personnel such as SDF personnel and vehicles by ferries.
- Implementation of emergency transport such as fuel oil by tanker. (⇒ Implemented from the Japan Sea side and the Pacific side.)
◎Japan Sea side
Started immediately after the disaster, land transportation was carried out from the harbor with a tank lorry of 20 kl per one car.
|Fuel oil||About 3,198,000kl|
|Transportation number||About 862 vessels|
◎Pacific Ocean side
We entered the port sequentially according to the port development project of the harbor, and carried out.
|Fuel oil||About 4,035,000kl|
|LPG etc.||About 8,600t|
|Transportation number||About 1415 vessels|
From : Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, correspondence in East Japan great earthquake and logistics